Entry profile

The recommended entry profile is: Telecommunication Engineer, Master’s Degree in Telecommunication Engineering, Master’s Degree in Signal Theory and Communications, Master’s Degree in Telematics Engineering or Master’s Degree in Radio Communications and Electromagnetic Engineering from the University of Vigo.

For those students with national or foreign Master’s Degrees related to Information and Communication Technologies, their affinity will be considered by the Academic Committee of the PhD Programme. The skills of the Official Spanish Degree will be taken as reference. In this cases the Academic Committee may subject the admission to the successful completion of specific education complements that will be established in each case within the Master’s Degrees offer in the field of ICTs from the University of Vigo.

As some compulsory activities will be taught in English, the accreditation of linguistic competence in this language (B1 level) is a requirement, by means of a certificate from the “Centro de Linguas” (Language Centre) or equivalent. In case that the competence cannot be accredited, this requirement can be replaced by the Academic Committee by others which ensure that this competence in English language will be achieved within the first year.

Required documentation

  • CV.
  • Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees certifications.
  • Academic records.
  • Professional experience in the field of the PhD Programme.
  • Support letters from Professors of previous degrees.
  • Other academic and/or professional merits.
  • Accreditation of linguistic competence in English (B1 level) by means of a certificate from the “Centro de Linguas” (Language Centre) or equivalent. Alternatively you may prove that English is your mother tongue or that your followed your Bachelor’s or Master’s Degrees in English.

If your Master’s Degree is from outside the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) you will need to submit also the following documentation:

  • Equivalence application of your certificate(s).
  • Legalized copy of your ID or passport.
  • Legalized copy of your certificates.
  • Legalized copy of your academic records.
  • Equivalence application of your title(s).
  • Official equivalent mean grade.